Jefferson Twp. Rescue Squad

About Us

In the Fall of 1945, at a regular meeting of the Jefferson Township Fire Dept No. 2, it was suggested that since our Fire Company is bounded by two munitions plants and being situated on the shores of Lake Hopatcong with its many homes and summer bungalows, we were in need of a First Aid Squad. There were two men who held Red Cross First Aid Cards and these men with the help of M. Rowan and members of the Stanhope Rescue Squad organized our present group which eventually became the Jefferson Township Rescue Squad.



In December of 1945, an instructor Mr. Harold Saul of the American Red Cross conducted a class of 14 men, all of whom completed the standard and advanced first aid course and received official Red Cross First Aid Cards. These meetings were held at the home of James McElroy of Lake Hopatcong. In September of 1946 our First Aid Group purchased a used ambulance from the Hopatcong Boro, paid for mainly by the Fire Dept's Ladies Auxiliary through fund raising campaigns.




Today, more than 50 years later, the squad has more than 30 members and operates three ambulances.
The squad answers more than 600 calls a year.

     


Line Officers

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by JTRS Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service